Personally Identifiable Information
Certain information that may be collected could be used to identify the user if the user provides it, such as name, date of birth, Social Security number, phone number, email address, physical address, bank account information, credit card information, or any combination of information that could be used to identify the user (collectively, the "PII").
DigiKidz Academy Respects Your Privacy
DigiKidz Academy respects the privacy of every individual who accesses the School’s website. The School does not sell, rent, give away, or loan a user’s PII to any third parties (other than agents, contractors, or service providers of DigiKidz Academy) unless the School has the user’s (or the user’s parent/guardian's) consent or is required by subpoena, court order, or legal process to do so. DigiKidz Academy maintains appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the PII under the School’s control.
Information DigiKidz Academy Collects
Through the website, DigiKidz Academy may collect the following types of information:
Information the user provides
To communicate effectively with visitors to DigiKidz Academy’s website, the School may ask visitors for information that can include PII. Whenever a visitor uses DigiKidz Academy’s website to request Admission information, make a gift or donation to DigiKidz Academy, register for an event, or sign up for a service such as the Parents/Guardians directory, information, including PII, may be requested. This information is used to obtain payment and/or to fulfill the user’s request for information or other services.
Information gathered automatically
Unless the user takes steps to browse the internet anonymously, DigiKidz Academy has the ability to track web browsing patterns of website visitors to better understand how the site is being used. The information DigiKidz Academy collects is based on the visitor’s Internet Protocol ("IP") address and is not linked to any specific email address in any of the reports or other material compiled by DigiKidz Academy. The IP address is a series of numbers that identifies the location of each computer or network, and because it is machine specific, it is not, in and of itself, PII. The information DigiKidz Academy gathers may include the browser type, the date and time of the visit, average time spent on the website, pages viewed and any inquiries that may have been made. DigiKidz Academy does not associate any IP address and web usage data with any other information held by the School that can specifically identify the user unless the School is required to do so by law.
How DigiKidz Academy Uses Information
DigiKidz Academy’s primary purpose in collecting information is to provide services and information to the user. The School may use information that is provided by the user to fulfill requests for products, programs, and services, and to respond to inquiries about the School’s offerings.
Website Improvements or Changes
DigiKidz Academy may use PII and information gathered automatically to improve the experience on the School’s website, to inform the visitor of changes to the website, or to provide the user with other news and information about services the School believes would be of interest.
Disclosure of PII
DigiKidz Academy may disclose PII to respond to legal requirements and enforce DigiKidz Academy’s rules and policies. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. DigiKidz Academy may also share PII with:
Agents, contractors, and/or service providers for DigiKidz Academy who assist with the School’s operations (e.g., the service provider that handles fulfillment of credit card purchases made via the DigiKidz Academy website);
Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to an investigation or alleged illegal activity;
Third parties that provide a valid subpoena or court order; or
Third parties as requested or authorized by the user (or the user’s parent/guardian).
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
DigiKidz Academy complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 ("COPPA"). COPPA requires that website operators never knowingly request PII from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting verifiable parental consent. In accordance with COPPA, the School does not knowingly collect any PII from children under the age of 13. In the event that DigiKidz Academy determines that a user of this site is under the age of 13, the School will not maintain or use her or his PII.
Accessing and Updating PII
When the school community (e.g., parents/guardians) uses the DigiKidz Academy website, the School makes good faith efforts to provide community users with access to their PII to either correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at their request, unless it is required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. The School asks individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected, or removed before processing such requests, and the School may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where DigiKidz Academy provides information access and correction, The School performs this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way DigiKidz Academy maintains certain services, after a user deletes their information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from the School’s active servers and may remain in the backup systems. If a user wishes to access or update their information, they should contact
Changes to DigiKidz Academy’s Policy
Images on the DigiKidz Academy Website and Social Media Platforms
In addition to protecting the privacy of information a user provides to the School through activity on the website as detailed above, DigiKidz Academy is also committed to protecting the privacy of people who appear in images posted by the School online.
DigiKidz Academy respects the privacy of every constituent who accesses our website and social media properties, including but not exclusive to the following URLs:
The School posts images of constituents on the School’s website or on its social media sites (images of current students and alumni are posted most frequently). DigiKidz Academy identifies students by first name only, if at all, in captions associated with posted images. The School does not post, or permit constituents to post, images that might be deemed inappropriate or embarrassing.
DigiKidz Academy will honor all requests by users who wish to have images of themselves removed from the website and/or social media sites. To make such a request, please contact
• Class Terms and Conditions
• Full refund minus $20.00 processing fee if cancellation is made at least one week (7 calendar days) prior to the course/camp start date.
• 50% refund minus $20.00 processing fee if cancellation is made less than one week (7 calendar days) but prior to the course/camp start date.
• No refund if cancellation is made after the course/camp start date.
> For One-Time Workshops:
• Full refund minus $20.00 processing fee if cancellation is made 24 hours prior to the workshop start time.
No refund if cancellation is made less than 24 hours prior to the workshop start time.
PLEASE NOTE: if a session (course, workshop, or camp) does not have sufficient registration, the session may be canceled. Parents may contact DigiKidz staff to schedule a makeup session.
• DigiKidz reserves the right to cancel any session due to unforeseen circumstances. Makeups may be made by parents. No refund or credit for cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances.
> Absences and Makeups:
• Parents need to report absences for their child(ren) and schedule makeup classes ahead of time.
• All absences need to be reported a minimum 24 hours prior to the class start time in order to schedule makeup class for the missed class.
• Makeup classes need to be scheduled within 3 months from the date of the missing class. Expired makeup classes cannot be refunded or credited.
• Absences without advanced reporting cannot be made up, refunded or credited.
• If DigiKidz is closed due the inclement weather or other emergencies, the missed classes will be reported by our staff as absences. Parents may contact DigiKidz staff to schedule a makeup class.
> Student Behavior Expectations and Liabilities
• All students and guests who attend DigiKidz Academy should be respectful of others at all times. This includes ridicule of another student's work, appearance, ethnicity, If a student behaves in such a manner to disrupt the class or another student's learning, they will be given a warning and parents or guardian will be notified with details. After three warnings, DigiKidz Academy reserves the right to expel the student from our curricululm. A refund will be issued for any remaining classes.
• All students and guests of DigiKidz Academy are expected to respect the equipment and facilities. Should a student cause intentional or unintentional damage to equipment or the building, parents and/or guardians of the student(s) can/will be held liable for the damages.